Monday, May 9, 2011

The power of positivity

Okay Superman was watching "The Secret" on Netflix the other day and we got to talking about our relationship and things we are going to try to do to make things run more smoothly. We started talking about the power of positive thinking. I am a believer in this, partly because I am somewhat of an empath and if I am around someone who is putting off negativity it seems to really make me much more negative. Plus if you approach things with a positive outlook, even the bad stuff doesn't seem so bad. In any case we are both making an effort. It is difficult for me to not be sarcastic. That is pretty well ingrained in my personality, but I'm really trying. Another thing is that we are recognizing that neither one of us is stupid and we see and know what needs to be done (honestly he's worse about this than I am) and not making things sound like commands. On that note I am very aware that keeping the house nice and clean enough for company is something that I need to work on. It isn't easy with two highly active little boys needing mommy, but I'm working on it. One step I made on this today is that I am starting the FLYLady method. So today I shined my sink- actually I shined all three sinks and I will do it before bed tonight, and every night hereafter if I can keep up with this. Since I pretty well cleaned the kitchen the other day it was really nice. Kind of a shining jewel of the clean room instead of a water stain speckled mess. Well. I'm going to try to blog more often. Tomorrow my FLYLady baby step is to get dressed to lace up shoes first thing in the morning. Meaning I dry my hair, fix my face, get dressed and put on socks and shoes before I do anything else. Taking care of me first- it is a challenge after all. If I keep this up I may have to get more non-stretch pants lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment