Thursday, January 6, 2011

How do you get a two year old to eat vegetables?

I don't think there is a right answer to that question. There certainly is no easy answer. There may not be an answer at all. I am getting creative. Aside from hiding them in other foods, today I fried some plantain. That might not sound too exotic to some people, but here in white bread Missouri where I can't even find quinoa in the store it is on the creative side. Okay, so technically it is a fruit, let's not split hairs here. I am going to see if he'll eat it. I rather enjoyed it. Stuff like that is a treat for me, arguably the most adventurous eater of the family. (Okay so Superman has eaten and enjoyed far more things than I have, but he lived in Korea for two years for crying out loud!) I hope Stinkbug enjoys it. I really would like to see him trying more things. Today plantain, tomorrow - who knows maybe veggie burgers!

-Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment